You are ready to look for work, but don’t want to leave your current job in a poor manner. Where do you start? Are there rules? Well, there is definitely a wrong way to do it. To be discreet and professional in your job search, here are some tips:
Perform your job search on your off hours. Don’t use work time or equipment to look for other opportunities. Make necessary calls over your lunch hour or after work. Don’t go to interviews when you should be at work, schedule them during your off hours when possible.
Use your personal email address for communication; do not use your work email address. Also, use your cell number instead of any work numbers. Set up a voicemail appropriate for job hunting and do not answer it at work.
Be careful where you post your resume. When using CareerBum.com you can set your resume to confidential so that your information will not be displayed when companies look at you. By doing this you will reduce the chance of your current employer seeing your profile.
When you land an interview, do not wear your interview clothes to work. If you normally dress business casual and show up in a suit, people are going to wonder why. Keep your jacket in the car, or change at a neutral location before the interview.
Do not discuss job hunting on social networking sites. Your employers reach most likely goes far beyond you are aware. It is best to not mention a job hunt or change your about section until after you have spoken to your boss.
By following these simple steps you will retain a good relationship with your employer and hopefully a future reference.
In today’s world, one must continually be thinking about company branding. What thoughts do you want people to conjure up when they think about your company? Along with ease of use and a far reaching market, CareerBum.com allows you to integrate your brand with your job posts and more! Use CareerBum.com to place a graphic ad to grab the attention of other companies, or job seekers! With up to 100,000 impressions monthly, this is an extremely inexpensive and useful advertising tool.
On current job openings, be sure to upload a company logo and information about your company. By writing about the unique culture of your company, your family atmosphere, or flexible schedule, you could gain the upper hand in recruiting and land your next great talent!
CareerBum.com also allows you to link your jobs and CareerBum.com company profile page directly back to a company website, if you would prefer to have applicants fill out their information there. This will allow for a consistent application look for all applicants. If you currently have a job board on your site, you can link directly to that from your CareerBum.com profile, while still taking advantage of our applicant tracking system and recruiting tools!
Whatever your brand is, make it known! Use CareerBum.com as a tool to profess who you are, and why you are the best at what you do.
There is a general consensus that being a boss does not instantly make you a leader. They are different. A person becomes a leader by inspiring others to follow. A person becomes a boss because of a hierarchy in the work world.
There are all sorts of self help books out there that make claims to help you become a great leader, but in general, it is the humanness of us all that help us become better leaders. Here are some tips on how to lead your employees to greatness:
1. Set reasonable goals. Don’t over delegate workloads and manage the flow of work on your team. Assess each member’s skills and assign accordingly. Keep notes of strengths and weaknesses and reassign duties as needed.
2. Lead by example. Respect authority, inspire your followers to perform at a high level and take pride in your work and theirs. Empower your workers.
3. Don’t focus on the negative. Too many bosses spend their time correcting issues, faults and errors of employees. Instead, focus your efforts on the positive to create an inspiring atmosphere. Mention behavior that needs to be corrected, but praise achievements.
4. Analyze your performance. Being in charge gives you autonomy with your work and employees regarding how you are performing. However, it is important to remain transparent to find room for improvement and inspire others by identifying your weaknesses and finding solutions.
5. Encourage others to problem solve. As the boss you may believe that your solutions or ideas are the best fix, but maybe you haven’t thought of all the options. By bringing others in to discuss and brainstorm with you, you may discover solutions that had previously not been on your radar.
6. Listen. Listen to ideas and thinking processes, don’t let people become dependent on you to lead them to ideas. Explore problems with employees and hear their thoughts.
To be a great leader, it is important to really hear and understand the issues people face daily. Every worker is different, so are their struggles and their strengths. Hear it, understand it, and embrace it.