From all of us to all of you, have a joyful holiday season!
With the holidays rapidly approaching, it is a time for appreciation. It is not only important to make sure you are hiring the right person, but it is equally important to ensure you are keeping your workers happy. Holiday bonuses are not always feasible, but here are some alternative ideas for employee gifts this year.
- Paid time off (PTO) is a gift that is always appreciated. You can give your employees a day off that they can use at their leisure.
- Breakfast or lunch can be a valuable gift as well as a chance for team building. By providing lunch and a little downtime as a group it gives employees a chance to discuss happenings at work and build camaraderie that they may not otherwise have a chance to do.
- Stock the break room for the week. You can fill the fridge with favorite drinks and the counters with fun holiday snacks for everyone to graze on. A food day is an inexpensive way to show them you care.
- Send each employee a personal thank you card with something that they do that is important and special.
- Sign employees up for continued training in an area of interest to them. By offering this as an employer, you are showing them that you support them in their work endeavors and back them with continued support and resources to perform their job functions.
- Offer your time to mentor them on a project that they are struggling with, or are having a difficult time starting. This is a great way to connect to your employees and also to guide them.
It can be in any form you like, but this holiday season appreciation is a valuable gift to your employees and for your business.